Creative Writer & Content Producer
We’re looking for a talented writer to help us create high-quality content for our publications and social media. You’ll be producing content for Hey Gents, our men’s lifestyle publication and Rushfaster, our everyday carry online store.
Who are we?
Hey Gents publishes beautiful and thoughtful content, both online and in print. We cover topics such as fashion and grooming, architecture and interiors, cars and gadgets, and premium travel. Our unique aesthetic, tight curation and ethical awareness is what makes us stand out from other publications. Over the past 4 years we have become a reputable source of inspiration for guys all around Australia and the world.
Rushfaster is an Australian online store for everyday carry. We source quality products that look good but are also functional, durable, and good for the environment. As you can imagine, this is a tall-ask, but that’s why our customers keep coming back. In fact, 99.1% of them have said that they will. We also have a blog where we write product reviews and share thought pieces on productivity hacks, how to’s and environmental concerns and solutions.
This is a full-time position, writing for both publications. We’re looking for someone who has excellent writing skills, can think creatively and is not afraid of a challenge. You’ll be writing about a wide range of topics with thoroughness and accuracy in mind, in our tone of voice.
Some of the tasks involved:
- Writing articles for Hey Gents (online & print)
- Writing articles and marketing copy for Rushfaster
- Brainstorming and researching topics for content
- Creating social posts
- Occasionally taking photos
- Occasionally attending product launches, test driving cars, playing with gadgets, and travelling
How does it all work?
This is going to be an awesome role – you’ll get out of it what you put into it. We want you to have flexible work hours, great experiences and a proud sense of achievement. In return, you must produce work of a high standard, consistently hit deadlines and be dedicated and respect the trust that comes with this position. This is definitely not a 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri job as it won’t work that way.
Most days, you’ll be writing and creating content in our office. There will be opportunities to attend events and even travel interstate/overseas during work time. If you choose to take up these opportunities, you will have to produce content based on these experiences and still hit planned publishing deadlines set for the publication.
- You are an Australian citizen, have permanent residency or have the ability to work full-time in Australia.
- You want to be a part of building a world-class publication
- You are highly organised, able to self-manage your time and prioritise tasks
- Have strong writing skills with attention to detail (in your cover letter address my name in all capital letters)
- Have excellent English and communication skills
- You are a fast learner
- You are pro-active & optimistic
- You’re interested in improving yourself and making a difference to the business and the world
Additional Skills Required
- You have an understanding of SEO best practices
- You have experience in working with WordPress
- You have basic Photoshop and Lightroom skills
Please send a brief cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line of the email, write “[Your name] is your next creative writer ”
Address your cover letter to Joe and please tell us where you heard about the position. Mention two major passions in life, two significant achievements, and how you could help us grow. Finally, it’s important for you to let us know your current/previous salary (including super and bonuses if applicable).
Thanks for your interest. All applicants who apply correctly will hear back from us.