Win A Camera: HEY GENTS x KIRIN #FirstPressPhotography
For beer drinkers, summer is all about the crisp, easy to drink brews. Hailing from Japan, KIRIN offers the ideal refreshment. Like the principle of simplicity that’s practiced in much of Japanese design, KIRIN also favour a refined approach to crafting their beer.
First Press Brewing
KIRIN’s unique First Press method is one of the reasons their beer is unparalleled in taste. Essentially, during the brewing process, liquid is extracted from the malt a couple of times, and most brewers use a blend of the first and second press. However, KIRIN is the only beer in the world that uses only the First Press. In addition to their use of only the highest quality of ingredients, this results in a super pure and clean beer.
First Press Photography
The idea of First Press extends really nicely into photography. This month, HEY GENTS have teamed up with KIRIN to run the #FirstPressPhotography competition, challenging photographers and enthusiasts alike to capture a shot with only a single, initial press of the camera’s shutter. Designed to encourage a sense of craftsmanship that has been lost for most of us thanks to digital and phone cameras, the KIRIN First Press competition challenges us to take the time to ensure we get that perfect, pure shot.
Though it might sound easy, you actually learn pretty quickly when attempting this how much we take the ability to take multiple shots for granted. The below are some examples of raw shots we took on the first press. It really makes you think hard about things like lighting and framing when you don’t have the luxury of re-taking the shot or editing afterwards.
Up for grabs is an Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II camera; a beautiful, compact mirrorless camera that’s guaranteed to elevate your photography.
Capture an image with the ‘First Press’
Share on Instagram with the hashtag #FirstPressPhotography
The winning image will be chosen by HEY GENTS and KIRIN based on what we think captures the essence of #FirstPressPhotography the best. The competition runs until November 30th, so you’ve got the whole month to hone your skills. Good luck!
Lion Pty Ltd collects your personal information (name, date of birth, address, contact numbers and email) via Facebook and Instagram when you enter this promotion for the purposes of your entry into the promotion.
If we do not collect your personal information via Facebook or Instagram, you will not be able to submit a valid entry into the promotion or claim your prize. We may disclose this personal information to third parties, including local lottery authorities, for the sole purpose of processing and conducting this promotion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia only who are 18 years and over. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoters and their agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
3. The competition commences at 12:00 AEDT on 01/11/2017 and closes at 23:59 AEDT on 30/11/2017 (“Competition Period”). Entries received after 23:59 AEDT on 30/11/2017 will not be accepted.
4. There are two ways to enter, participants must do one the following during the Competition Period:
6. This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. All entries will be judged individually on their merits based on originality and relevance to the hashtag “#FirstPressPhotography”. The best entry as determined by the judges, will receive the Prize.
7. Judging will take place between 12:00 AEDT on 01/12/2017 at Level 7, 68 York St, Sydney, NSW, 2000.
8. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoters.
9. Prize consists of one (1) Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Mirrorless Camera with 14-42mm EZ Lens. Total RRP value of prize = $799.00. All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize will be delivered to the winner within 6 weeks of accepting the prize, subject to any delivery or processing delays. Winner will be notified of any delay.
10. Winner(s) will be notified by a comment reply by a representative of the Promoters on Facebook or Instagram (as applicable) at 17:00 AEDT on 01/12/2017. Where the winner is notified on Facebook, winner must then reply to this comment via private Facebook message to the KIRIN Australia Facebook page with their full name, date of birth, delivery address, email and contact number in order to accept the prize. Where the winner is notified on Instagram, winner must then reply to this comment via private Instagram message to the @kirin_au Instagram account by 17:00 AEDT on 03/12/2017 with their full name, date of birth, delivery address, email and contact number in order to accept the prize.
11. If any prize remains unclaimed in accordance with clause 10 or is otherwise forfeited despite the Promoters making all reasonable efforts to notify the winner, the Promoters may deem any winner as ineligible to receive the prize. In that event, the Promoters will reconvene the judges on 04/12/17 at the same time and place as the first judging in order to distribute any unclaimed prizes. The next most original entry, at the discretion of the judges, will be deemed the replacement winner. Any replacement winner will be notified by a comment reply by a representative of the Promoters on Facebook or Instagram at 17:00 AEDT on 15/12/2017. Where the replacement winner is notified on Facebook, winner must then reply to this comment via private Facebook message to the KIRIN Australia Facebook page with their full name, date of birth, delivery address, email and contact number in order to accept the prize. Where the replacement winner is notified on Instagram, winner must then reply to this comment via private Instagram message to the @kirin_au Instagram account by 17:00 AEDT on15/12/2017with their full name, date of birth, delivery address, email and contact number in order to accept the prize.]
12. Prize is not transferable and not redeemable for cash. The judges’ decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Promoters assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches, Facebook glitches or technical malfunctions. If such problems arise, then the Promoters may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the competition.
14. If any prize or any element of a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoters’ control, the Promoters may substitute a prize or element of a prize of equal or greater value at the Promoters’ sole discretion, subject to any written directions from the relevant authorities. Winners will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the prize or element of a prize has been substituted at equal or greater value.
15. The Promoters reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address and any other information from entrants relevant to entry into or participation in this competition. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoters, whose decision is final. The Promoters reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with this competition.
16. The Promoters shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize, except for any loss, damage or injury which is due to the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Promoters or which otherwise cannot be excluded by law.
17. In participating in this competition entrants are providing information to the Promoters and not to Facebook or Instagram. Each entrant acknowledges that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram, and to the extent permitted by law, releases Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability in relation to this competition. Any queries, comments or complaints about this competition must be directed to the Promoters and not Facebook or Instagram.
18. Facebook and Instagram entries will be deemed accepted at the time of transmission if all mandatory fields are completed. In any dispute relating to whether entries have been received or not will be determined by the Promoters, whose decision is final. Any entry that contains content that the Promoters, in their sole discretion, considers to be incomplete, inaccurate, underage, erroneous, ineligible, offensive, misleading, inappropriate or incomprehensible will be deemed invalid, as well as any entry that the Promoters, in their sole discretion, considers to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity. The Promoters accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Entrants acknowledge that all content posted on Facebook must be in accordance with Facebook terms (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php) and all content posted on Instagram must be in accordance with Instagram terms (https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511/?helpref=hc_fnav).
19. Entrants consent to the Promoters publishing their name and/or associated entry on the Promoters’ website and associated social media pages including Facebook and Instagram.
20. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Further, entrants agree that ownership of any intellectual property rights in their entry is assigned to the Promoters without the payment of any further fee or compensation. The entrant agrees to sign any further documentation required by the Promoters to give effect to this arrangement as a precondition to being awarded their prize. To the extent permitted by law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry.
21. Entrants further warrant and agree that: a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, politically incorrect, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, racist, ageist, sexist, objectionable with respect to religion, origin or gender, unsuitable for persons under the age of 18 years, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; b) all of the Content has been personally created by them, and does not breach any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights of any third party; c) they have full authority to grant the Promoters the rights referred to in these Terms & Conditions; and d) they will indemnify the Promoters against all loss, damage and liabilities arising from a breach of any of the warranties in these Terms & Conditions.
22. The Promoters may, in their sole discretion, determine whether any of the Content will be posted or remain posted on their websites. The Promoters reserves the right to vet or remove Content from their websites at any time, without prior notice and in their sole discretion (including if properly notified that such Content infringes any third party intellectual property rights). Notwithstanding any decision by the Promoters to post any of the Content on their websites, the terms and warranties set out in these Terms & Conditions continue to apply.
23. Entrants consent to the Promoters using their name, image, entry, and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoters.
25. The Promoter is Lion – Beer, Spirits & Wine Pty Ltd (ABN 13 008 596 370) of Level 7, 68 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000.